Laura Hodgson, Allied ASID
Since 1995, I’ve helped my clients translate their dreams for their homes into specific colors, furniture, accessories and floor plans. With me, clients feel comfortable taking design risks, knowing I won’t let them make a disappointing or costly mistake. My clients homes are true expressions of their lives and time and time again they say things like “I never would have thought of that but it is just perfect.” I love helping clients make their visions come to life.
Not only do I delight in what I do, I strive to make the process as painless as possible. That means I work hard to save you time, manage the design process, keep you on budget and best of all, make sure you enjoy your project from start to finish.
Although I currently call Boulder, Colorado home, I’ve lived all over the country, so I draw on diverse regional influences in my design. What’s more, I LOVE to travel. Meeting new people, experiencing different cultures, and soaking up the local flavors enrich my work, offering you a global perspective on design solutions and materials.
On a personal note, my husband, daughters and I enjoy hiking, rock climbing, skiing and camping. And I’m a big supporter of the arts, especially the theater. I feel strongly about giving back to the world. Most notably, I serve on the Advisory Board of BouldeReach, a community of women dedicated to supporting organizations that aid and empower women and children in extreme need around the world.
Overall, I’m really fortunate to be doing something that I love and brings me joy everyday, and I want you to enjoy the process too.
Have a look at my design background.
- Principal, Haven Interiors, Since 2002
- Senior Project Manager for an East Coast firm specializing in high-end residential design all over the country
- Interior Design Degree, Newbury College, MA, 1997
- Psychology Degree, Old Dominion University, VA, 1995
- Residential and Commercial Experience
- Member of the American Society of Interior Design
- 2014-2017 Best of Houzz Award, Service
- 2014 American Society of Interior Designers Crystal Award, Best Bathroom
- 2016 HBA Care Awards, Silver Whole House Remodel $250,000-500,000
I am always learning new skills and keeping current.
Look at some of the things I have been studying recently.
- Feng Shui refresher
- New trends in Kitchen Design
- Pantone, Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore color forecasts
- Hunter Douglas New Products Seminar
Having lived in twelve different states during my lifetime, I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing our country’s many varied architectural styles, nuances and cultures. Along the way, I’ve met so many wonderful people and have come to appreciate and understand the uniqueness of individual interiors and how they reflect one’s lifestyle and personality.”
~ Laura Hodgson